Register for Upcoming Webinars
Your society's members are eligible to participate in live Academy webinars. Sign up now to ask questions directly of experts and to receive CME credit.
- Jan. 14 — Core Knowledge in Neuro-Ophthalmology
- Jan. 21 — Dx This Live!
- Jan. 28 — Core Knowledge in Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus
View past webinars in the Global Webinar Archive .
New ONE Network Resources Coming Soon, Including Ophthalmology ® Retina
We are excited to announce that ONE Network subscribers soon will have access to four new Academy benefits:
- Ophthalmology ® Retina — Previously available only as a paid print subscription, you can access its latest, in-press content every day for free.
- Focal Points ® — The full archive of 100-plus digital issues help you apply the findings from recent research into daily practice.
- Wills Eye Manual — The best-selling source of authoritative guidance on treating ocular disorders (available now).
- Ophthalmology ® Science — The Academy’s new, open-access journal will debut in early 2021.
View Top ONE Network Resources From 2020
From a new approach to phaco chop to slit-lamp examinations during a pandemic, the list includes:
- Rotary Chop: A New Way to Learn Phaco Chop
- Retying Rather Than Replacing a New Suture
- How to Detect Hydroxychloroquine Toxicity
- Optic Capture
- In-the-Bag UGH Syndrome
Try These Physician Wellness Resources
To make sure ophthalmologists take care of their own well-being, we have curated a list of physician wellness resources that range from the personal to the professional.
- Individual Wellness Resources
Tools, strategies, and information to help you nurture your well-being.
- Practice Wellness Resources
Resources and tips to help reduce stress in the workplace.
- Taking Care During a Pandemic
How to cope with and manage stress during the pandemic.
- Improve Well-Being With Physical Exercise
Watch tips from a sports psychologist, professional ballet dancer and Olympic athlete on simple things you can do at home.
- Well-Being Activities at AAO 2020 Virtual
Read About AAO 2020 Virtual
AAO 2020 Virtual was a major success, attracting more than 9,000 attendees from over 100 countries. Registration for the archive and on-demand programming is still available. Content is accessible until Oct. 2021.
The three-day program featured 215 live sessions and hundreds of hours of videos on demand. Read summaries of the most-viewed AAO 2020 daily stories:
- Pearls From the Cataract Spotlight Session
- What You Need to Know About Teprotumumab
- IOP Elevation After Anti-VEGF Injections: The Glaucoma and Retina Perspectives
- Lessons Learned From the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Contact Lenses to Prevent Myopia Progression
- How to Close a Macular Hole Using Subretinal Fluid
- What’s New With Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy
- Update on Avacincaptad Pegol for Geographic Atrophy
AAO 2021: Jan. 12 Abstract Deadline
The deadline to submit an instruction course or new Skills Transfer lab abstract for AAO 2021 is Jan. 12.
We look forward to seeing you at AAO 2021 in New Orleans .
If you have any questions or suggestions on ways we can work together, let us know by emailing email@example.com . We welcome your feedback and thoughts.